Sunday, February 21, 2010

Feb 21, 2010 1:30 pm - Update on Jayden & Alicia

(From CaringBridge Page)
February 21, 2010 1:30 pm - Update on Jayden & Alicia

Jayden has had a few rounds of very fast heart rate usually caused by tubes irritating the heart but they have been able to control it by small adjustments & they have medicine they can use if needed. The doctors say it is not unusual & is manageable.

The foot problem that I, his aunt & a cousin had appears to have struck again (plus a new one, Rocker Foot). I guess Shriner's will be getting another customer somewhere down the road.








Alicia was doing better with the migraine then had a trip to the restroom & got hit like a ton of rocks. We are still adjusting her migraine meds trying to get a handle on it. She is looking at baby pictures as I write this and pushing hard to get back to the NICU again. Sorry folks. Still no visitors yet.

The baby is requiring blood product & supplements to support him & there are others like him whose lives are being saved by blood donors (like Daniel in 2000 during his heart surgery). If you can donate & don't have a religious restriction feel free to donate in his name through your local home town Red Cross. For those who are local to the Portland area the NICU team did say there might be a way to be a directed blood donor. Email me off list privately at if you are interested and I can get more info. I am a previous blood donor (can't now due to medical issues) who gave 8 pints over the years & I can tell you it is a little uncomfortable but well worth it. If I could still I'd be 1st in line!

The American National Red Cross - 1-800-GIVE-LIFE (800-448-3543)
http://www.redcrossblood.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment