Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2, 2011 - A letter to my Son on his 1st Birthday

(From Mommy's FB Page)

"A letter to my son on his 1st Birthday" by his Mom 

Read Graveside on Feb 19, 2011
Posted to FB - March 2, 2011

One year ago today I welcomed the cutest, strongest, most perfect baby ever to come into the world and that baby was you. Every day I saw you fight like you never knew the words give up or let go and it was that strength you showed that told me to keep fighting for you and with you. 

Then one day I went to your bedside and saw a baby still fighting to live trapped in a body that had already gave up and I knew that day I had to use the strength I had come to feel through you to let you go and finally be truly free and at peace, but I want you to know to make the choice to let you go was the hardest thing I ever had to do and every day I miss you more and more. I know I now have an angel always watching over me and for that I can smile even as I cry deep inside. 

I want you to know CDH may have taken your life, but I will do ALL I can to stop it from taken any more because of the strength and memories you gave me, it may have been 1 year since you were born, but to me it feels like it was just yesterday. 

I want you to know you are the BEST thing ever to happen to me and my proudest accomplishment and I will NEVER let you go or forget you. For ALL you gave me and ALL you have and will do I thank you and will ALWAYS LOVE YOU! 

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY Jayden, 
Mommy's Lil' Man forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment